FYI.

Have you been to Okki's Gathering lately ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:29:15 -0400
From: Program <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: USINDO <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Indonesian Film to be shown at DC Film Festival, April 26th

We are pleased to inform you that one Indonesian feature film will be
included in the 16th Annual Washington DC Film Festival, running this year
from April 17-28.

It is “Pasir Berbisik” (Whispering Sands), starring the legendary Christine
Hakim, written and produced by an award-winning group of women, was “hugely
popular in Jakarta last year” according to our informants.  It will be shown
on Friday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m. and Saturday, April 27 at 5:00 p.m. at
Loews Cineplex outer Circle, 4000 Wisconsin Avenue, NW. (Tenleytown stop on
Metro Red Line or paid parking available in the building.).  Tickets are
$8.50, available through Tickets.com (703 218-6500 or www.tickets.com), all
Olsson’s Books and Record stores and select Coconuts and Record stores, and
at the box office one hour before the performance.

The plot focuses on the love between a soul-searching village girl and her
jaded, possessive mother.  Daya (Dian Sastrowardoyo) challenges the rigid
boundaries set by her impassioned single mother Berlian (Christine Hakim), a
traditional herbal medicine vendor, as the girl attempts to claim her own
identity.

Kirim email ke