Ralf,

I don't recall such comments. perhaps we travel in different circles.

Which IETF meetings have you attended over the past 20 years?

Steve
Hi,

I understand the goal of making life harder for state surveillance.

    However, I am not willing (personally) to incur any degraded user
    experience,
    premature cell phone battery depletion, etc in order to support
    this goal.
    I suspect, but cannot prove, that most users would express similar
    feelings.

I remember the same argument from the last decade when the Internet transitioned from TELNET to SSH. Some people said SSH would cause to much internet traffic and the servers could not handle the extra crypto.

Imagine today's internet with every admin still using TELNET.

Where are these admins now? Speak up please.

regards,

Ralf