On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:

> Other people like Connie are
> sacrificing their life to get our comments and translate it into
> pages that the other 90% can understand.

Speaking of which, I'm just today attempting to make a Persian keyboard
for fingers which are used to typing English. (Peter Hauer already make
the nice Keyman keyboard and that's great expecially for Win9x users but
we also need one which works system-wide, not just in word-processing
programs. The MS layout created keyboards only work on Win2000 and later.)

Hopefully I'll get this done by the time the new fonts are past beta
stage.

Anyhow, I  need some help. I'm just cheating by using Farsiweb's
"Persian experimental standard" keyboard and rearranging things. Please
tell me why you have included the following. Are they used for Persian?
U+0060 Grave Accent
U+003b Western Semicolon
U+003F Western question mark
U+0027 Apostrophe

I decided to put the Arabic numerals as well as Persian. I think that will
be useful in some cases. What do you think? (Don't worry, they're hard to
reach--Shift+Cntrl+Alt!)

By the way, this is very hard making all these executive decisions and
I've ended up doing some crazy things. Like the "4" key was already maxed
out for Persian 4, Rial, $ and Arabic 4 so I put the Euro on Cntrl+Alt+e.

And I think I've put the ZWNJ on a total of 3 different keys, just for
good measure!  Someone stop me! Out of control!!

> And this ignorance thing is gonna kill us some day or another.
Just think of the sheer amount of time wasted on cross referencing and
explaining to people who really have no clue what these two names mean and
all the misunderstandings. The damage can not be exaggerated.

I heard a news report on Bam where the reporter seemed to not be sure if
the country was called Iran or Iraq. Maybe just like the Farsi or Persian
thing??  Utter confusion!

-Connie