Thanks Paul and Peter

I'll forward you the correct sorting order for Pashto ASAP.
But Peter, wont it take too much of a computer memory for the string conversion for 24,000 words dictionary?

----- Original Message -----
From: Linguasoft
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 7:17 PM
Subject: RE: [paktype] Sorting Problem with Pashto

Dear Said Marjan Zazai,

As a workaround for automatic sorting in Office, try assigning a two- or three-digit numeric code to each Unicode used in Pashto, then convert all your Pashto strings in numeric strings and sort them. A bit clumsy, but it works! (We do the same for other languages for which automatic sorting isn’t yet supported.)

BTW, please also send me the correct sorting for Pashto and if you want, I send you a simple Excel macro in return that will do the sorting for your dictionary.

Best regards,

Peter E. Hauer

Linguasoft

Vienna, Austria