Hello,

Is anyone aware why the Accent Insensitive(AI) search in MS SQL Server is not working? According to the documentation you can do AI searches by changing the Collation to AI at either database, table, or column level. This way, the search will ignore the diacritics. I have tried to do this, but when searching, the behavior is still Accent Sensitive (AS). I have some mixed Persian and Arabic data that I would like to be able to do AI type search.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a workaround?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Saeed

Do you Yahoo!?