> (I'll just reply to your other post here)  I guess I didn't know about
> a new pc-parse release.  Where did you get the newest source code?
> That's terrific news for me.

Well, the release I downloaded is approximately one year old, but here's the
URL I downloaded it from:

ftp://ftp.sil.org/software/unix/pc-parse-src-20030321.tgz

To build it, I just did a typical "./configure; make; make install;" - there
was nothing more than that.  What compiler version have you used to compile
it?

Let me know if you still have compilation problems.  I might be able to help
if I can reproduce them here.

> I'm very interested in any work you'd work on, including a PHP
> extension.  Maybe SIL.org might be interested as well.

Actually, what I'm working on is an English/Persian search engine which can
be placed on any site with no need to download/install anything.  It's
nearly finished, I only have to translate the web UI into Persian, and also
implement stemming for Persian in the engine.  Originally I planned to
implement a stemming algorithm myself, but I figured that I can't be
considered an expert in Persian grammar/linguistics at all, so I prefer to
use already working solutions, and your work seems to be the *best* choice.

The PHP extension would be quite a thin wrapper, but anyway I'll definitely
provide you with the source code when I'm finished.  You'll be also welcome
to a copy of the search engine's source code itself if you're interested.

> Give me a week and I'll email them to the email address in your
> signature, unless you tell me otherwise.

Thanks a lot!  I highly appreciate your great help.

[ Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
[ WWW: http://www.beginthread.com/Ehsan ]