Hi again,

I apologize for flooding your mailboxes with so many messages, but I do
hope that this is my last e-mail on the issue to your mailing list.

Majid, thanks for providing me with new information, particularly the name
of the author of the original programmer. Please let me know if you find
other trustable information in this regard, especially the e-mail address
of Mr Bahman Sabouri.

I am not in a position to discuss and comment on the legal aspects or
interpretations of electronic copyright laws or how they should be -- I
understand that this is still a very controversial issue and no definite
universal limits have been set yet (cf. arguments about Napster, Kaza,
etc.), but I believe this shouldn't block appreciating someone's part in
developing a program (especially in a not-for-profit case like this).

So, using the information that Majid provided, I have put a note in my
dictionary page (http://www.math.columbia.edu/~safari/dictionary/) as
follows.

----------------------

Credits: The cgi script for this program is written by Masood Hashemi. The
content is reportedly based on, but not identical to, an edition of
Aryanpours' Persian-English dictionary. The database is said to have been
developed from the data of an open-source DOS program by Bahman Sabouri
(?), which was updated and modified by many before it was decoded by Ali A
Khanban, who also made corrections of his own.

If you find an error in the credits above, or if you are interested in the
source file of this online program, please contact the author.

Sincerely,
Pedram