From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Pat
Kelley
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 2:56 PM
To: Museumpests <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [pestlist] Re: Image recognition

Arlen,

As the  Identification Subchair, I can tell you that the IPM Working Group has
definitely thought about this at length. Thoughtfully organizing the images and
making them accessible on museumpests.net is something that we will discuss and
work on during our annual work session in March. It will take some effort on
our part to make it intuitive and beneficial for users. We will see what we
come up with.

I can tell you that computer learning of insects in traps is a patented process
that we would need royalty-free permissions to use to make it possible for
museumpests.net. We will take it one step at a time for now, but I agree, that
would be a wonderful resource to everyone involved.

Thanks for your suggestions,

Pat Kelley