Von: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> Im Auftrag von
Fusco, Maria
Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Februar 2019 18:22
An: pestl...@museumpests.net; pestlist@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [pestlist] Id help: Frass and other un'id substance

Hello all,

Hoping someone with more expertise in wood boring insects can offer thoughts.
We have an external loan in, a painting on canvas within a glazed frame. Our
registrar noted what seem to be older bore holes in the frame and found
detritus both in between the glass of the frame and the canvas as well as
underneath the painting in its travel crate.

We've not found live insects but the detritus appears to be frass and some hard
pellets (~5mm long, ~2mm diameter). Before examination, we wondered if the
pellets could be dessicated larvae but they look more like adhesive plugs and
we don't note any larval shapes, body parts inside. Images attached. Apologies
if they're not great, we're in process on a microscope upgrade. Does this cry
out anything to anyone?

Many thanks,
Maria

--
Maria Fusco
Chief Conservator

[http://museum.gwu.edu/sites/museum.gwu.edu/files/image/2014-07-Museum-Logo-Signature.jpg]
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAO0UmvWps4brY9JCvnGGdbn36c%3DBydLy6d0XpGkqLiMatbu%2B2A%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/CAO0UmvWps4brY9JCvnGGdbn36c%3DBydLy6d0XpGkqLiMatbu%2B2A%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/HE1P18901MB01721C75756AF1E29865BAD8CA920%40HE1P18901MB0172.EURP189.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM.