Just so people are aware, there is information on a study done at the
Smithsonian's National Museum of the American Indian about freezing on
stretched hides. You can read a summary on the MuseumPests.net website at
https://museumpests.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/MechanicalBehaviorofAnimalHidesatLowTEmperatures.pdf
https://museumpests.net/solutions-low-temperature-treatment/solutions-mechanical-behavior-of-animal-hides-at-low-temperatures/