Gesendet: Montag, 10. August 2020 um 16:10 Uhr
Von: "Todd Holmberg" <tholmb...@artsmia.org>
An: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Betreff: [PestList] Vacuum Freezing?...
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to check with people in this group to see if anyone can confirm/deny if freezing a vacuum cleaner at IPM levels (-30/-20 F) would be damaging to the vacuum.  I wanted to see if anyone out there has destroyed a vacuum by freezing it before I officially suggest it as a possible treatment.
We are having an issue in a room where vacuums are stored.  The vacuum bags have been emptied (and the cloth elements of the bag washed), but the problem still seems to be going on to a certain degree.  There are some other possible causes that may be contributing to the problem in this space that we are currently investigating (HVAC vents/ possible dead mouse).
The theory is that even though the vacuum bags are emptied, there may still be enough hair and debris stuck in the vacuum that larvae could survive.  Has anyone been able to trace moth problems to vacuums?

Any thoughts are always appreciated- Thanks!

-Todd