Todd,

The website you provided shows a product registered for use in Australia and
New Zealand. Products registered by the EPA are for manufacturing use only;
that is, the product is added to wool or wool blends during the manufacture of
goods such as carpets. So it would not be available for a person to treat a
carpet in a museum. See
https://www3.epa.gov/pesticides/chem_search/ppls/000432-01153-20110929.pdf.

I’m not finding any information about it on the Bayer US website. I’ll see what
I can dig up for you. As Riza mentioned, there are permethrin products designed
to be applied to clothing, camping gear, and the like for protection against
ticks. (You can’t do this with most permethrin products...just the ones whose
labels say you can.) However, those are different products than Perigen, so the
precautions and “length of service” may be different. (Permethrin for treating
clothing usually lasts a matter of weeks and through several launderings.)

--Dan

Dan Wixted                   Pesticide Management Education Program (PMEP)
Cornell University           Ph (607) 255-7525
525 Tower Road            FAX (607) 255-3075
CALS Surge Facility        psep.cce.cornell.edu<http://psep.cce.cornell.edu/>
Ithaca, NY 14853
dj...@cornell.edu<mailto:dj...@cornell.edu>