Dear everyone,
I have a question about old, presumably dried up and naturally mummified
human remains.
If I find flies normally associated with decomposing matter such as *Musca
domestica, Chrysomya albiceps *and *Cochliomyia macellaria*, and we are in
a relatively rural area, should I be concerned that they might be getting
to some packaged up funerary bundles? Or are they more likely just flying
in from outside?

We found adult *M.domestica and C. albiceps* out in the open, but the *C.
macellaria *was one larva and one pupa on a mummy bundle as well as one
larva and one adult hide beetle *Dermestes maculatus* on a mummy. Am I
correct in assuming they're feeding on the remains?

Thank you for any pointers on this.
Best,

Angelica
Pachacamac Museum - Lima, Peru