Dear pest list,

I recently asked for a list of the fumigants that are intended for use at
the museum soon, and one of them said *"Cry" proteins / endotoxins* and in
the description it said something like (I translate roughly from
Spanish): *Spores
and endogenous toxins of transconjugated Bacillus thuriengiensis.
Varieties: tenebrionis, aisawai, kurstaki and israelensis. *

I did a quick Google search and it seems to be used by organic farmers for
specific caterpillars and flies, but I was wondering if any of you have
experience with this in a museum context? I expect they'll just be spraying
the wall edges or something like that. Is it worth letting them just use it
or is there any particular reason why it might be a good idea if we didn't?

Thank you from Lima, Peru!

--
*Angélica Isa-Adaniya* | Conservator
*Email* | a.isa14...@gmail.com <a.isa...@gmail.com>