Boston MFA, has a trained dog that sniffs for pests— not the same thing, but an
animal in the museum in common. Maybe reach out to their conservators?
Denise

________________________________
From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> on behalf of
Kristen Newman <transcribehist...@outlook.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2022 8:39:14 AM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [PestList] Collections Employee with Service Dog?

Hello,

I am reaching out for some advice on integrating an employee who depends on a
medically necessary trained service dog within their objects / archives
collections. What would be the top concerns you would have from an IPM
standpoint regarding having a service dog in areas where artifacts and archival
materials are stored and worked with (within the collection/archive itself,
within office areas or library near the collection, etc.) and how would you
mitigate them?

Are there any institutions that have successfully implemented this type of
workplace accommodation? I am also looking for some examples of implementation,
whether it be for an employee, student, volunteer or visiting researcher.  What
were/are major concerns for your institution specifically and how did you
effectively provide accommodations?

I would love to touch base with other museum professionals who have this type
of accommodation in place for themselves as well.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Thank you,

pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/BN6PR13MB1076BC49228771851140522ABB3A9%40BN6PR13MB1076.namprd13.prod.outlook.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/BN6PR13MB1076BC49228771851140522ABB3A9%40BN6PR13MB1076.namprd13.prod.outlook.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.