Hey all,

I've found the guidance for working with pest management professionals on the
museum pests site.  I'm wondering if someone can point me in a specific
direction to more deeply understand the do's and don'ts of working with PMPs on
preventive spraying.  What is spraying good for?  When and where should it be
done or not done?  The last two museums I was at in South Dakota had preventive
spraying going on to some degree-not in collections spaces obviously but other
areas of the building.  Here we have a PMP spray at our associated university
buildings but not at the buildings where collections are exhibited and stored.
I'm wondering if we should be doing something more in terms of treatments
around the exterior of the building to stop pests from getting in.

Resources and advice on preventive treatments with PMPs greatly appreciated!

Best,

Jodi Lundgren
Collections Manager
The Indian Museum of North America(r)