From: pestlist@googlegroups.com <pestlist@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of Diane
Barbarisi
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2022 9:26 AM
To: pestlist@googlegroups.com
Subject: [PestList] Is it possible to determine how long a moth has been on
sticky trap?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content
is safe.
Dear Group,

I have attached an image of a sticky trap that was recently removed from our
Beaver diorama in our science museum. It is my understanding the trap was
placed there about three+ years ago, so it’s not clear if the moths on the trap
are old or more recent.

There was activity in the diorama about four years ago, found in two of the
Beaver mounts. The mounts were removed and went through freezer cycles. No
activity was seen on the mounts when they were returned to the diorama, or in
the diorama when the sticky trap was recently removed. I’m wondering if there’s
any way you can determine, even from the lousy photo, how long the tiny
creatures may have been stuck on the trap. It is my understanding that the trap
has been discarded so sharing a better image is not possible. Of course, more
traps will be placed in the diorama and checked on a regular basis from hereon
in!

Thank you!

Diane

Diane Waterhouse Barbarisi
Registrar
SPRINGFIELD MUSEUMS
21 Edwards Street (mail)
Springfield, MA 01103-1733
413.314.6450 (direct) | 413.263.6889 (fax)
dwbarbar...@springfieldmuseums.org<UrlBlockedError.aspx>
www.springfieldmuseums.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.springfieldmuseums.org%2f&c=E,1,Fjfg9xqWnYEZpatnjfLv-_GmoDBatK1cUXd8XWd7j99OmqUcnpxYC78La3TMFnUZM0vhB-sZCS2fKGpjmkkdQN2W2cd4SaNH-ysYNUvS9OtQJfrHw-q4&typo=1>

pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pestlist+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pestlist/SJ0PR10MB6373B4C92BDF6ED05049923DD81C9%40SJ0PR10MB6373.namprd10.prod.outlook.com<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgroups.google.com%2fd%2fmsgid%2fpestlist%2fSJ0PR10MB6373B4C92BDF6ED05049923DD81C9%2540SJ0PR10MB6373.namprd10.prod.outlook.com%3futm_medium%3demail%26utm_source%3dfooter&c=E,1,KoAmdBNYmpHW_slP-VDAsK37RWZk51_iXdaeSzbcZTh3qp6vhkFJzbRVcMKbkoWHc9wLZ1yt3rIMkjiPR2S_S_Xu9Zi7Kws0c9opU5l5qN4EutwA1FE,&typo=1>.

The information contained in this message and/or attachments is intended only
for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons
or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
system and destroy any copies. Any views expressed in this message are those of
the individual sender.