Hello all,

I recently checked and replaced the pest strips throughout my collection
which houses birds and mammals skins and skeletons. On four out of 40 of my
pest strips I found dermestid larvae (1-3) and three adults- one on a
seperate strip on its own and the other 2 were on a strip with larvae. The
adults were two different species- Dermestes lardarius and Anthrenus
verbasci.

We do not use any napthalene in the collection and I have checked inside
the cabinets for any evidence of infestation or snacking and found nothing.
There were also many many spiders on the strips as well. I increased the
number of pest strips and put some insdie the cabinets close to the guilty
ones.

Will you advise if there is any aditional action you think I should take to
protect the colection? It's not a small collection- we have 58  basic
museum cabinets and 20 tall, two door cases.

Thank you in advance!
Anna

--
Anna E. Goldman, PhD *(she/ her)*