Hi all,

I'm dealing with a large outdoor storage enclosure that contains a lot of
large, wooden artifacts.  The walls consist of fencing and metal slats, so
the artifacts enclosed within are exposed to sunlight and other elements
like rain and wind are only partially mitigated. Before a recent deep
clean, a thick layer of dust and leaf litter had covered the floor and
collection objects. The enclosure is very open to pests as well- after not
having been cleaned for some time, the skeletal remains of a cat were
discovered in the bottom of an old lathe, and rats were nesting in other
artifacts until the deep clean disposed of their nests.

There's no active IPM in that enclosure at the moment, because we might as
well set up traps in the parking lot. We're instituting weekly walk-through
inspections and a monthly cleaning cycle to try our best to prevent
conditions in there from reaching such an awful state again. Rehousing the
artifacts in that enclosure isn't possible at the moment. I'm looking for
advice on mitigating measures that could be made to the enclosure to reduce
(however incrementally) pest entry and exposure to the elements.

Thanks,

Mikael

  20231108_144534.jpg
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ffYhaCjrSvg-HpehBPefXjGTqA1-TOQi/view?usp=drivesdk>