Nancy -
Mice.  You can actually see their two incisors' marks for each bite.
Tom Parker
    On Thursday, February 29, 2024 at 06:19:32 PM EST, Jenner, Nancy@Parks
<nancy.jen...@parks.ca.gov> wrote:

Hello—I’m attaching two photos of damage to a ledger book at one of our parks.
The ledger is calf skin covered, the damage is to the paper.

I have my suspicion, but I don’t want to prejudice anyone as to whom the
culprit might be for this damage.   Can I ask for ID suggestions?

Thanks very much!

--Nancy

Nancy Jenner, Curator II

California State Parks