I'm in a zoo setting so I don't often weigh in on this forum, but when I'm
monitoring for insects (mostly cockroaches) I use a "tin cat" type
multi-catch live mouse trap with a glueboard in it, and some tape over the
mouse holes. The sides of the trap are perforated with many small holes
that insects can get into. These may have the same issue, that the holes
are raised slightly and could inhibit some insects from entering.
[image: Victor M310S Tin Cat Multi-Catch Live Mouse Trap - Indoor and
Outdoor Humane Catch and Release]