If you could photograph the antennae that would help narrow it down.  There
is a beetle called the Mexican book borer, Tricorynus herbarius that looks
very similar to the drug store beetle.  So does the hairy fungus beetle.  A
view of the antennae could help.

Pat Hottel

On Tue, Jul 16, 2024, 11:54 AM anna giatti <anna.gia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much, Stephan. My insects seems to match your
> identification...
>
> I found three of them in a crawling insect trap (!), with lure. Another
> was caught in a appropriate trap for flying insects.
>
> No food in our storage, nor herbaria.  Many wooden objects and some books,
> that are probably the reason of the presence of such a type of pest...
>
> Thank you
> Best,
> Anna
>
> Il giorno mar 16 lug 2024 alle ore 16:54 Stephan Biebl <
> i...@holzwurmfluesterer.de> ha scritto:
>
>> Hi Anna,
>>

>> my first thought would be:   *Lasioderma serricorne*
>>

>> https://museumpests.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Cigarette-beetle.pdf
>>
>> https://museumsschaedlinge.de/tabakkaefer/
>>

>> Are there organic materials around, like Herbar or Food?
>>

>> Best, Stephan
>>
>> Germany

Information
in this message is confidential and is intended solely for the persons to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please notify
the sender and immediately delete this message from your computer.

This
system may be monitored or recorded to secure the effective operation of
the system and for other lawful purposes.  Please check out the Privacy
Notice on our website for details.