I jumped the gun calling it a saw-toothed grain beetle. I agree with Lou and
Chris.
Pat Kelley
In a message dated 8/21/2008 7:40:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

This is a message from the Pest Management Database List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
-----------------------------------------------------------Actually the word
plaster beetle refers to other latridiid beetles, minute
brown scavenger beetles, usually in the subfamily Latridiinae, although
I'm sure that term has been used for many latridiid and related beetles
associated with dampness and mold growth.
You'll note that Latridiidae is used instead of Lathridiidae, it's not a
misspelling on my part.
Not a saw-toothed grain beetle, a silvaniid.

> That is definitely not a drugstore beetle which explains why the pheromone
> traps are not working.  Drugstores have a different shape.  I have been
> calling what you have a plaster beetle, but do not have a latin name for
> it. I will look forward to input from the real pros out there.  Chris Del
> Re

Louis N. Sorkin, B.C.E.
Entomology Section
Division of Invertebrate Zoology
American Museum of Natural History
Central Park West at 79th St.
New York, NY 10024-5192

phone: 212-769-5613
fax: 212-769-5277
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The New York Entomological Society, Inc.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.nyentsoc.org
Online journal from 2001 forward
www.BioOne.org