From: Daniel Cull <daniel.c...@themim.org>
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Sent: Fri, Jul 10, 2009 12:16 pm
Subject: [pestlist] Methyl bromide off-gassing

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone on this list would be able to supply either
references/links or information pertaining to off-gassing rates for methyl
bromide.

We are receiving packages from various countries that have been treated with
methyl bromide and are finding it difficult to ascertain whether or not they
will have off-gassed by the time we unpack them.

Some, but not all, countries add something that smells if the methyl bromide is
still off-gassing. Therefore we are not confident that we can rely on this
method alone, and would really like to have some data about off-gassing times
for our own peace of mind.

Any help gratefully received.

Yours,

Dan

Daniel Cull | Assistant Conservator | MIM—Musical Instrument Museum

Physical Address |1219 West Geneva Drive | Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.425.3219 direct

Administrative Office |8550 South Priest Drive | Tempe, AZ 85284 |
480.481..2460 main

www.themim.org