Kim,

Your insect is a false bombardier beetle, Genus Galerita.

http://bugguide.net/node/view/3318

Not a pest - a wild animal, accidentally indoors.

-D

--
Please note my new email address: dssi...@alaska.edu

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects
Assistant Professor of Entomology
University of Alaska Museum
907 Yukon Drive
Fairbanks, AK   99775-6960

dssi...@alaska.edu
http://users.iab.uaf.edu/~derek_sikes/sikes_lab.htm

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/

Interested in Alaskan Entomology? Join the Alaska Entomological Society and
/ or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php