Hello - I am seeing some fairly neat holes in our collection of wool docents'
cloaks, and some bits of fairly new wool embroidery neatly grazed off some
linen pockets. No frass, no webbing, and so far no sign of the little fluttery
critters. Could this be case-making clothes moths? We can freeze, or heat, the
items, but how do I keep this from spreading to the rest of my collection? How
do I even tell if these are case-making clothes moths? Are there are pheromone
traps available for them? The items in qestion are stored on an open rack in an
office along with a bunch of other costumes, mostly linen and other cellulosic
fibers, some polyester. No signs of damage there.
Thanks,

Anne
Anne  T  Lane,  Collections  Manager
The  Charlotte  Museum  of  History