Hi Rick:

Thanks so much to you and Nancie for all of your help talking us through this,
by the way!

Relative to the size of the building, which is vast - big enough to house
several trains -  the infestation is not particularly widespread. It's confined
to one end of the building, seemingly. Within that end, both beams and objects
are infested. We're comfortable at this point only treating structural elements
of the building that show signs of infestation. Our winter here has not been
the long, deep freeze that we expected - but instead has been spring-like, so
I'm a little concerned that perhaps the spread of infestation might not have
been as slow as we would have hoped this winter, while we're deciding on a plan
of action.

A new question - there are some infested objects (both painted and
non-painted).  The nature and use of the building over the years had led to
collections and non-collections materials being stored together. Our first
thought is to move the collections materials that do not show signs of
infestation to another portion of this vast building to watch for infestation,
while the building structure is being treated, while non-collections materials
that are infested are discarded and collections materials that are infested are
treated (we're waiting on the details of this from our pest management vendor,
but thus far, we believe he is going to propose some method of fumigation).  We
did not move to wrap any of the infested materials, since it was December in
Wisconsin and quite cold when we discovered the infestation - and that is one
question - should known, infested materials be wrapped? Another question - what
about those collections materials that we are going to move out of the infested
part of the building. Should they be wrapped, if possible, to avoid potential
spread to another part of the building? This is all happening on a large scale
- so it will be labor intensive and costly to wrap anything.

Thanks again,

Katie