From: Pascal Querner
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:03 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] Literature on Anoxia at 0,8 O2 levels
Hi,

I am revising the literature on Anoxia for museum pests and until now I only
found one citation on experiments with O2 levels of 0,6% to 0,9% (Rust &
Kennedy 1995). Is that the only study with such high O2 levels for museum
pests??

We need good recommendations for an anoxia (N2) museum camber that has a
temperature of 26C, but the oxygen level can go only down to 0,8 or 0,6%.
Are there any other studies with such high levels and can you please send
them or the link?? We will work with a 6 weeks cycle for the treatment for
the start.

If we don’t find anything we will start a large-scale experiment with
different pests for these “high” levels of O2 in Austria, for that we need
as many pest species as possible. If anyone can help us out with live
insects or is interested to participate please also contact me
(pascal.quer...@gmx.at)

All the best,

Pascal

Jetzt informieren: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/freephone/