Check the iDigBio website at http://www.idigbio.org --there is at least one funded ADBC project (InvertNet) involving insects (in drawers, in vials, on slides...). Their protocols and workflows should be posted there, although they might not be there yet. Or check the InvertNet website directly (https://invertnet.org/).

The NC State Insect Museum has done a lot of GigaPan imaging for their collection -- http://insectmuseum.org/ and http://www.gigapan.com/users/ncsuinsectmuseum/gigapans . Perhaps someone belonging to one of those projects would be willing to share their workflows and what technologies they've tried.

iDigBio is holding an entomology digitization workshop in Chicago in April--I'm sure they'll be sharing the presentations and other content on the website afterward. Some entomology collections were also covered by the wet collections digitization workshop a few weeks ago, and those presentations should eventually also be available through the iDigBio workshops page (https://www.idigbio.org/wiki/index.php/IDigBio_Workshops, although it looks like the links aren't there yet).

We are at the very beginning of such a project ourselves, so unfortunately I don't have a working protocol to share with you! But if you want to compare notes on the options and what you're planning, feel free to contact me off-list.

--Trina