From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of
Morris, Bernice
Sent: May-28-13 2:06 PM
To: pestlist@museumpests.Net
Subject: [pestlist] IPM and exhibtion design

Hello all,

I'm interested in putting together some guidelines for our exhibition
designers to encourage them to design cases and platforms with IPM in mind,
i.e. casework which is easy to clean inside and underneath, can be easily
moved for monitoring purposes or deep cleaning, and is constructed of
materials pests do not like to eat. I'd like to give them more guidance than
just 'easy to clean'-has anyone any advice or resources they can suggest to
back up my general recommendations? I'm particularly interested in drawings
of cases, and also examples of how other institutions have tackled this
problem, especially in light of tight budgets and fast exhibition turnover.

Many thanks,

Bernice

Bernice Morris

Assistant Conservator of Costume and Textiles

Philadelphia Museum of Art

215-684-7579

 <mailto:bernice.mor...@philamuseum.org> bernice.mor...@philamuseum.org