From: ad...@museumpests.net [mailto:ad...@museumpests.net] On Behalf Of Sidsel
Marie Willemann
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10:40 AM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: RE: [pestlist] RE: battery-powered insect trap

To post to this list send it as an email to
pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
I appreciate your answer. What I meant, though, was an ordinary light trap (for
flying insects). Like those with electrical grilles and a drawer to collect the
insects or with sticky changeable glue sheets in the back. But with batteries
instead of a cord. Battery-powered would be preferred, to avoid too many
electrical installations in the storage rooms. It is possible to find
battery-powered insect traps for field work, but I'm not convinced that these
will be sufficient and powerful enough for monitoring storage rooms over time
(together with inspections and glue traps with and without pheromone). Any
experience?

Sidsel