Have you considered using one of the larger biodiversity databases like
Arctos (http://arctosdb.org/) or Symbiota (http://scan1.acis.ufl.edu/)?

I use Arctos and, like Symbiota, it is entirely on-line so one needs only a
web browser and a good internet connection (and a user account) to use it.

Also, these databases share their data in a standardized format with data
aggregators like iDigBio and GBIF.

I treat indoor 'pest' arthropods as biodiversity - wildlife that's either
accidentally indoors or that's taking advantage of a hospitable indoor
habitat.

This link is a saved search of records of specimens collected inside our
museum - a surprising diversity!

http://arctos.database.museum/saved/inside-museum

I haven't looked over the required fields list and that would be the place
to start - if there are lots of fields a good IPM pest database needs that
aren't present in Arctos or Symbiota you'd need to start discussions with
the designers about adding them but I think it would be worth the effort in
the long run.

I'm a strong advocate of not reinventing wheels and of data standardization
(so everyone's database can share data).

-Derek

--

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Derek S. Sikes, Curator of Insects

dssi...@alaska.edu

phone: 907-474-6278
FAX: 907-474-5469

University of Alaska Museum  -  search 292,082 digitized arthropod records
http://www.uaf.edu/museum/collections/ento/

Society and / or sign up for the email listserv "Alaska Entomological
Network" at
http://www.akentsoc.org/contact.php