This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Javier,

The larvae of this species, like most longhorn/timber beetles, feed
internally on wood/logs of reasonable size, preferring standing or at least
fresh cut wood. I doubt that anything inside your building would support
these as the moisture content will be far too low and as I say they would
be out of their environment.

Eric Duffy, who wrote extensively on this group of beetles (Cerambycidae)
recorded this species from *Quercus*,* Prunus* and *Salix*, but I’m sure
many other species of tree/shrub are utilised also.

So nothing to worry about with these beetle as far as your books and papers
are concerned.

Best regards,

Stuart Hine

Insect Identification Services Ltd