This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Yes, you are correct. Book lice. Environmental issues and it is helpful to
control humidity levels.

From: pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net [mailto:pestlist-ow...@museumpests.net] On
Behalf Of Adrienne Dastgir
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:24 AM
To: pestlist@museumpests.net
Subject: [pestlist] possible book lice ?

This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To post to this list send it as an email to
pestlist@museumpests.net<mailto:pestlist@museumpests.net>
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.
Hi everyone,

I am new to this email list and new to my job only been at it a few months.  I
work at small cultural center/museum in Oklahoma part of my job is to check
pest traps.  I have had classes in entomology but it has been a long time so I
do not remember everything.   On Tuesday I found several of these insects in a
sticky trap.  My first thought was booklice. They looked like the pictures that
I found on online.  If they are booklice can someone give me tips on
controlling them and eliminating them. I know I need to control the humidity
and get artifacts off the bottom shelves but what else can I do and have others
that work with the Archives do?
I have attached some pictures of them. They are not that great of pictures
hopefully someone will be able to identify  them.  We do not have a camera that
will hook up to dissection microscope.

Thanks for any help,

Adrienne Dastgir
Conservation Technician