On Jun 3, 2011, at 2:46 PM, Matthew Knepley wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 2:41 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
>   I hate C++
>
> It is currently the only way to do intelligent things with multiple types. I
> am trying to
> send integers around. VecScatter is completely broken for this because we use
> C.

  You and your damn "send integers around", come up with your own damn
abstraction for moving integers around and stop trying to piggy back on
VecScatter :-)

  I do agree with you that we need to add something that is abstractly
equivalent to templates into  C for PETSc  :-)  Sean, get your clang going!

   Barry