Robert,

    Unfortunately we don't have much access to Solaris for testing.  You will
need to do two things to get it compiled

1) edit $PETSC_ARCH/include/petscconf.h and remove all the lines that mention
ISINF

2) edit src/sys/objects/options.c and remove the two lines

#define _XOPEN_SOURCE 600
#define _BSD_SOURCE

then rerun make; do not rerun ./configure. If you want to make another
PETSC_ARCH you will need to remove the ISNF after running the second configure.

   Satish and Jed,

     Looks like we need a patch to deal with the "illegal" placement of
XOPEN_SOURCE and BSD_SOURCE in the source code so this issue doesn't keep
coming up.

   Satish,

     Also backport the patch for isinf test that Matt and I recently added to
petsc-dev

Thanks

   Barry