Hi Satish,

I got this message attempting to use the Gnu compilers; that's all that I've got on this system. Should I send the configure.log to petsc-maint?

--Richard

On 10/4/13 4:34 PM, Satish Balay wrote:
On Fri, 4 Oct 2013, Richard Tran Mills wrote:

Hi Folks,

If I tell configure.py '--download-hdf5=1', I get a message that "External
package hdf5 does not support --download-hdf5 on Microsoft Windows".  However,
I just built HDF5 1.8.11 from source under 64-bit Cygwin and, except for one
problem with building the 'h5ls' utility, it appears that this ought to work.
Can we support this? And what is the procedure for changing package
configuration info in BuildSystem these days?  These files show up in the
'petsc' repo but there appears to be a 'buildsystem' repo on BitBucket as
well; not sure what the relationship is between them.
When you say 'Supporting --download-hdf5 in Cygwin' and refer to 64-bit - you
mean MS compilers or cygwin gcc/gfortran?

The error message should come up only with MS compilers.

Presumably --download-hdf5 should work with gnu compilers - if it doesn't - it
probably needs some tweaking.

Wrt repo - we now have a single git repo bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc
where all petsc/buildsystem changes should go to.

Satish