Hi PETSc developers,

I’m writing my proposal for my dissertation research at UIUC that will study on
effectiveness of preconditioners for anisothermal, multiphase porous media flow
calculations in parallel using PFLOTRAN. I know the link below lists
preconditioners but from your experience, which preconditioning packages
provide reliable and efficient PILUT, AMG, SA-AMG preconditioners for PETSc and
do you have other preconditioner recommendations?
I used hypre PILUT, but the performance and the linear iteration count to solve
a matrix is worse than ILU(0) which is not what I expected.

https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/linearsolvertable.html

Heeho Daniel Park

Sandia National Laboratories
Org: 08844, R&D