My summary is that we can just do the easiest fix then and have test_tap.log and test_err.log

Scott

On 9/26/19 9:28 AM, Balay, Satish wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2019, Scott Kruger via petsc-dev wrote:

On 9/26/19 12:45 AM, Stefano Zampini wrote:
You usually get the backslash when you trying to be quick and tab-complete
the command :-)

Yes, I agree that the makefile should fix this.

and, so far, PETSc accepted this. We should either filter the variable in
the makefile, or change the filenames with their paths.
Scott, are the two PETSC_ARCH specifications really needed in the filename?
I mean first as a folder, than in the filename itself

Barry or Satish should confirm, but as I recall the idea is that if you are
collecting the the log files into a dashboard, then the PETSC_ARCH labeling
scheme is best.

Well previously - for the dashboard - we did the rename during the copy [from
build location to the dashboard].

If I remember correctly only one generated file had PETSC_ARCH encoded
- that is PETSC_ARCH/lib/petsc/config/reconfigure-PETSC_ARCH.py - so
that its easy to copy/save/reuse this script.

Its not clear to me what type of dashboard we can have in the future -
and how to get the logs there [beyond the current one at gitlab at
https://gitlab.com/petsc/petsc/pipelines]

Satish

Pierre Jolivet has an bug report in, and I have the show-test functionality
in, so I'll try to get a new MR out soon.

Scott

Il giorno gio 26 set 2019 alle ore 09:38 Matthew Knepley <knep...@gmail.com