> On Oct 16, 2019, at 9:41 AM, Stefano Zampini via petsc-dev
> <petsc-dev@mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>
> I just took a look at the ISGENERAL code. ISSetBlockSize_General just sets
> the block size of the layout (??)
> ISGetIndices always return the data->idx memory.
> So, a more profound question is: what is the model behind setting the block
> size on a ISGENERAL? And on a IS in general?

   I still don't understand why IS even has a layout so I was lost long ago.

   ISSetBlockSize_*() appear to be complete gibberish for ISGeneral, ISBlock,
and ISStride!

   Seems insane, ISGetBlockIndices/ISRestoreBlockIndices() should not only not
exist the entire absurd SSetBlockSize() concept should be removed.

   Barry