> > 2) NVIDIA's lawyers have some thoughts that we will need to address

When I saw this is, my thought was: ANL lawyers would be involved here [as
generally employees couldn't respond to legal stuff]

>   git grep Copyright locates some files that are copyrighted by other groups
> (but fit within the BSD license) so I think it is fine to include the NVIDIA
> copyright information in appropriate files.

My impression here was we are bundling some external stuff [yaml,
abi-compliance-checker, khash, valgrid] - so in some sense they are still
external stuff - not petsc native stuff - where we are to retain their
copyright - as per terms of use.

So would 'SPDX' be similar module? It wasn't clear to me if - say any current
petsc sources say src/ksp/pc/interface/pcregis.c gets updated as part of this
work - would it also need this copyright update? Perhaps thats ok?

And if this a policy (for current petsc sources) - we should have to do this
for all contributions to be consistent?

Satish