I’m in the process of implementing asynchronous GPU support for petsc. A side
effect of this is that I unify the cuda/hip interface such that anywhere we
have cuda-like code we will automatically also get the hip variant.

The scaffolding is in include/petsc/private/cupminterface.hpp, but for concrete
examples see the jacobf/2021-10-21/veccupm-async branch for the WIP port of
VecSeq in src/vec/vec/impls/seq/seqcupm/veccupm.hpp.

Best regards,

Jacob Faibussowitsch
(Jacob Fai - booss - oh - vitch)