Jacob,

  When I am adding code it makes sense that the new code I just added is
tested, at least to some degree, on my machine before I create an MR. This
means that my running appropriate gcov on just my local machine should provide
enough information to indicate that my new code is NOT covered (without needing
a full run on the entire CI).

   Can one do this trivially now? Can the code in the CI that tracks the
coverage be modified in some small way to allow me to trivially do the checking
myself?

   For example, some gcov flag for configure and then a gcov flag for make
alltests and then alltests automatically tells me all new code in my current
branch that is not tested?

   Thanks

  Barry