On 4/03/24 2: 36 pm, Adrian Croucher wrote: > I just re-tested my code with this "no cells in the interface" check > commented out of the PETSc code, and it appears to run fine. Whoops, no it doesn't. . . I checked more closely and there
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
On 4/03/24 2:36 pm, Adrian Croucher wrote:
> I just re-tested my code with this "no cells in the interface" check
> commented out of the PETSc code, and it appears to run fine.

Whoops, no it doesn't... I checked more closely and there is another error:

[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc has generated inconsistent data
[0]PETSC ERROR: New depth 2 range [0,141) overlaps with depth 1 range
[0,141)

[0]PETSC ERROR: #1 DMPlexCreateDepthStratum() at
/home/acro018/software/PETSc/code/src/dm/impls/plex/plex.c:4087

So maybe something else in my code has been broken by recent changes.
It's a bit hard to come up with a minimal example because for these
dual-porosity meshes it is doing some fairly complex low-level surgery
on the DMPlex, to add the "rock matrix" cells "inside" the existing cells.

- Adrian

--
Dr Adrian Croucher
Senior Research Fellow