Dmitry,

I got the newest petsc-dev and I run the test by

    mpirun -np 1 ./gasm_test -dd_type gasm -n 64 -dd_ksp_view

which gives the following output

PC Object:(dd_) 1 MPI processes
  type: asm
    Additive Schwarz: total subdomain blocks = 1, amount of overlap = 1
                                              ^^^
                                         note the above number, it should be 2

While PCASM has no such problem.

Thanks,