On 12 December 2014 at 01:44, Barry Smith <bsm...@mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

>    Miguel,
>
>     Thanks for reporting this, you have found a bug in our code. When we
> changed the adapt type we did not zero out the function pointers for the old
> basic adaptor hence they were improperly called when the object was finally
> destroyed at the end.
>
>    I've attached a patch. Once you apply this simply run
>
>     make gnumake
>
>    in the PETSc root directory, recompile your code and run it again and it
> should successfully end.
>
>   Barry

Your patch also clears any user-specified adapt->ops->checkstage.
Perhaps you should revert your commit and merge my PR instead?

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/pull-request/228/fixes-for-ts-tsadapt-and-tsalpha/diff

--
Lisandro Dalcin

4700 King Abdullah University of Science and Technology
al-Khawarizmi Bldg (Bldg 1), Office # 4332
Thuwal 23955-6900, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
http://www.kaust.edu.sa

Office Phone: +966 12 808-0459