> On Jun 5, 2016, at 12:12 PM, David Knezevic <david.kneze...@akselos.com>
> wrote:
>
> In PETSc-3.6, when I hit an error using the MUMPS solver, I would get an
> error like this:
>
> [0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Error in external library
> [0]PETSC ERROR: Error reported by MUMPS in numerical factorization phase:
> INFO(1)=-9, INFO(2)=351513
>
> In PETSc-3.7, the solver now reports "KSP_DIVERGED_PCSETUP_FAILED" instead.
> The new behavior is definitely better, so thanks for the update! However, I'd
> still be curious to be able to see what error codes MUMPS returned (which was
> previously provided in INFO(1) and INFO(2)), since that can be helpful for
> diagnosing the reason for the solver failure. Is that info still available
> somehow?

   David,

     There are a couple of ways to obtain them both clunky, we should also
provide a simple function call interface such as MatMumpsGetInfo(Mat,int
*infog,int *info);

     Anyways right now you can run with -info and it prints the information
(along with too much other information) or you can run with
-ksp_error_if_not_converged and then it reverts back to the old behavior of
stopping immediately and printing the error message and info values.

   Barry