> On Jul 27, 2018, at 3:26 AM, Pierpaolo Minelli <pierpaolo.mine...@cnr.it>
> wrote:
>

> Finally, I have a question. In my simulation I solve the two systems at each
> step of the calculation, and it was my habit to use the following option
> after the first resolution and before solving the system in the second time
> step:
>
> call KSPSetInitialGuessNonzero(ksp,PETSC_TRUE,ierr)
>
> Since this option was incompatible with the use of MUMPS or SuperLU_Dist, I
> commented on it and noticed, to my surprise, that iterative methods were not
> affected by this comment, rather they were slightly faster. Is this normal?
> Or do I use this command incorrectly?

   Presuming this is a linear problem?

   You should run with -ksp_monitor_true_residual and compare the final
residual norms (at linear system convergence). Since KSP uses a relative
decrease in the residual norm to declare convergence what you have told us
isn't enough to determine if one is converging "faster" to the solution then
the other.

   Barry