Hi,

When I try to configure PETSc to connect Matlab with the following command
./petsc-3.8.3/configure ??with-matlab
, it prompts
             Configuring PETSc to compile on your system
TESTING: checkArchiver from
config.setCompilers(config/BuildSystem/config/setCompilers.py:1184)

         UNABLE to CONFIGURE with GIVEN OPTIONS    (see configure.log for
details):
Could not find a suitable archiver.  Use --with-ar to specify an archiver.

I am a newbie on Petsc. Could you please tell me how I should specify an
archiver?  I am on MacOX system. I have tried many ways but it still does not
work.

Thank you very much for your help.

Best,
Joe