Hi all,

Apologies if the question has already been asked, but the ML archive search seems to be broken (or has it never worked ?).

Many petsc scripts require a 'python' executable, which python should that be ? For now, python3 seems to have worked with the configure scripts and petsc_gen_xdmf scripts, but can I safely assume it will always be the case ?

'python' is usually an alias for python2, so making it point at python3 seems a bit dangerous. Yet, python2 was removed from recent Ubuntus and maybe others, and if I have no python2 installed, and no 'python' alias, I have to manually edit all the scripts.

Thanks

--
Nicolas